Thursday, April 05, 2007

Turning Fishing Tackle Box Into LCD Repair Tool Box

Two days ago I went to a fishing tackle shop to assist my friend in buying fishing equipment. He is new in this sports fishing and I have to recommend some basic fishing gear, hook, rod and line for him. I will be going for a fishing trip next week. While browsing through the items displayed on the rack I stumbled across a small fishing tackle box. I thought to myself, this box looks great by placing all the LCD Monitor repair tools in it. It’s neat and convenience too! The price tag was only RM17.00 which is quite cheap. I bought it and very happy about the internal compartment which you can adjust to suit the things you want to put in. May be later I will also put in the smart tweezer LCD meter (read the above post).


1 Comments:

Blogger StarBaseONE2 said...

This one of those ideas that's good for many type tasks. I have several Task Specific Tackle boxes.

One tackle box is for Cat5 and Telephone Cable work. It has all the tools for custom making of RJ-45 eithernet cabling or using the male or female plugs the connector for Alarm System telephone seizures (used to hijack phone for police help in event of break-in alarm), this kit also contains A tone generator/ induction amp kit. Finished off with various other male female plugs and adaptors for quick field or shop Cat5 cabling needs.

Another quick tackle box kit I keep handy is Computer Tower field repair kit. This caters to the Hardware diagnostics/repair of customer PC in their home or place of business. It has everything in it from spare HDD Master/Slave jumpers to NIC, or 56K modem cards also various types of RAM (Simms, dimms, ddr) topped off with static strap needed to make sure you don't damage the static sensitive hardware.

Another for Security Camera service calls. This kit contains the common camera connectors BNC, RCA...etc and the tools for needed to install them, and hand held LCD screen used to see camera picture right there at the camera. Great for troubleshooting camera problems.

I use the same kind of idea for the PC software repair kit, but instead of tackle box I use a Hard Case Chrome in color that has padded interior walls It keeps Bootable floppies, and CDs, flashdrive sticks and small 4 Gb EIDE hard drive in USB case I use for any virus or Mal ware diagnostics I do (in shop or field)

The last one of course is chrome but the others are handily see through to help speed tool location too!

I save similar boxes to these for various electronic components too. I buy voltage regulators, electrolytic caps, TV EEPROMs, in kits from some of my distributers that sport these translucent boxes. I never throw them away, too useful.

Good Post Jestine!

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out site archives for more, or search in the Net:
Google