Thursday, March 02, 2006

Problems Solved Using ESR Meter

Every day when I reached home after picking up my children and wife, I got to head straight to my bed to take a 15-30 minutes short nap otherwise I would be feeling sleepy and no concentration in doing my work at night. Remember the 29" TV that I told you 2 days ago? The complaint was picture came out after about 30 seconds. I start checking all the electrolytic capacitors first and found 2 caps that have a high esr. One is in the power section-220uf 25v, the esr increased to 5.1 ohm while the other cap was 10uf 250v located at the horizontal driver transformer area. Replacing the two capacitors solved the problem as now the tv only takes around 4-5 seconds for the picture to appear. The esr meter is a real gem to me as it already solved quite a lot of capacitors problems and it already paid itself back many many many times. For those of you who still haven't invest any esr meter I suggest you to do so as it can speed up your repair work and no guessing game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out site archives for more, or search in the Net:
Google