Thursday, November 24, 2005

Mitsubishi CT-2168PM 21" TV Flyback Problem


I rarely repair TV because most of my time been taken up by monitor repair and internet marketing. However, a computer dealer wants me to repair her TV with the complaint of arcing sound and burning smell. When i open up the TV cover I could noticed a burnt mark at the side of the flyback-see the photo above. This is an old TV and she agreed with the repair charges. I proceed to order the flyback which is an oem flyback made in China. The original flyback is no longer in the market. Before installing the flyback i scan thru the mainboard to see if there is other parts that's also defective. I found none and one thing that i noticed at the mainboard is the soldering joints (point) are still in good condition! These days the soldering joints in most of the cheap monitors are easily come out which is also a good news for us. More dry joints means more business. After installed the flyback and switch on the Tv, it worked perfectly fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Check out site archives for more, or search in the Net:
Google